Sunday, November 05, 2006

End of week thoughts

Just a few things I wanted to comment after taking in this weeks shows and news.

-The bigger TNA becomes the more excited I get, if they could ever become close to as popular as WCW was, the big winner would be the fans. I feel like WWE needs a kick in the pants and the battle between the two groups is what made wrestling so big in the 90s.

-Watching ECW I'm really into Holly and Test, they were at the top of my list of personal favorites who should be pushed, and they just happen to be doing it in the same feud.

-Also in ECW, loved how the sexy costume contest actually contributed to an angle. Unfortunately that angle involves CM Punk, and I just don;t get the whole CM Punk thing. I'm not at all impressed with any part of his act, don't think he's a good worker, doesn;t have a good physique and I'm not too impressed by his charisma. Admittedly, when it comes to the guys who the online community are hyping up, I'm usually not that impressed, but at least I can understand what people see in them. With Punk I can;t see it at all.

-TNA is pretty exciting, and I like a bunch of the things that are going on now. The angle where the James Gang did their "shoot" is not one of the positives. I'm still a mark for the James Gang, they're one of my favorite tag teams ever, I'm a mark for all the older guys in TNA, I might be Jeff Jarrett's number one fan these days. But the point is this, I don;t think there's ever been a succesful angle involving the wrestlers admitting that wrestling is fake.

-Smackdown is still a mess, but I did enjoy the way they used Batista this week, it reminded me of why he got huge in the first place. Another good thing in that angle was King Booker, I find his character to be a lot funnier than most give him credit for.

Thats all I feel like writing for now, until next time I'm still...

The SEF

No comments: